Building & Grounds Technician – St. Simon’s Terrace
|REPORTS TO:||Paul Rosa, Maintenance Supervisor|
|DESCRIPTION:||Performs various activities to care for the grounds and landscaping to maximize curb appeal and keep the exterior of the property in an attractive and safe condition. This position will spend 95% of the time outdoors performing hands-on grounds keeping.|
|EXPERIENCE:||Prior experience related to grounds maintenance.|
|OTHER:||• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Able to communicate in English with residents, emergency providers and outside contractors.
• Must have physical and manual dexterity skills and the ability to operate all required equipment.
• Must have excellent communication, interpersonal, customer service, organizational and time management skills.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license and New York State motor vehicle insurance.
• Must be able to manage a flexible schedule with varying hours including overtime.
• Must be able to walk, move, transport up to 100 lb. loads, bend, stoop, climb stairs, access and work in confined spaces as well as at heights in excess of 20 feet and have the mobility required to use ladders.
• Bi-lingual a plus.