Maintenance Technician – Ferncliff Gardens and Newport Highlands (Irondequoit, NY)
Ferncliff Gardens and Newport Highlands
DESCRIPTION: Maintain the physical condition of the property according to company operating and safety standards by performing repairs, installations, preventative maintenance, and apartment make-ready activities. Apply in-depth knowledge and physical ability to perform all required maintenance as an effective team member.
Includes a rent-free on-site two-bedroom apartment at Ferncliff Gardens.
- 2+ years of maintenance or construction experience.
- Prior experience related to carpentry, plumbing, electrical, mechanical, HVAC, and building systems.
- Ferncliff Gardens is specifically designed for mobility-impaired residents; related experience is preferred.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, customer service, organizational and time management skills.
- Able to communicate in English with residents, emergency providers and outside contractors.
- Mechanical aptitude; skillful use of equipment and tools, as well as physical and manual dexterity skills.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and New York State motor vehicle insurance.
- Able to manage a flexible schedule including overtime and be on-call as assigned.