Southview Towers Gets A New Name… E. L. Tower (and Renovations!)
Re-named to honor our founder, Elliott Landsman, Southview Towers, located at 500 South Avenue in Rochester’s South Wedge District, is now E. L. Tower. It was Elliott’s first residential property, acquired in 1972.
In June of 2018 we closed on new financing (NYS Housing Finance Agency – 4% tax credits and subsidy funds; City of Rochester – HOME funds loan; CREA – tax credit investor) and construction began at the end of June. The renovations include:
• Replacing the roof
• Replacing all windows
• New flooring throughout the entire building
• New doors and lock systems
• Updated kitchens including cupboards, counter tops and appliances
• Bathroom upgrades including tubs and sinks
• Upgrading the security system
The renovations are expected to take one year; residents are being relocated within the building while the apartments are being worked on.